Guidelines for Registration of NGOs with the National Trust
Eligibility Criteria for Registration –
- NGOs of the following three categories – Voluntary Organization / Association of Parents of Person with Disability / Association of Person with Disability, already working in the field of Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Mental Retardation, Multiple Disability can apply.
- Should be registered under Societies Registration Act of 1860 or Section of 25 of Companies Act 1956 or as a Public Charitable Trust.
- Should also be registered under Person with Disability (PWD) Act 1995 / Revised PWD Act, 2016.
- Further, should also be registered on NGO-Darpan portal of Niti Aayog.
Documents Required To Apply For Registration
- Form-E (to be generated through online system, while filling up the online registration form) for registration under Rule 27(3) of the National Trust. All pages should be duly signed and stamped by authorized signatory.
- Resolution & Authorization of the Organization to file application for registration with the National Trust (to be uploaded in the online form along with the MOA / Trust Deed etc.)
- Audited Annual Accounts of the latest last two financial years
- Annual Report of Activities for the latest last three years, focusing more on National Trust disabilities related activities.
- Memorandum of Association (MOA) / Trust Deed along with the latest certificate issued by the Competent Authority as Registrar of Societies etc. regarding details of Governing Body Members / Board Trustees / Management Committee Members (To be uploaded after merging in one pdf file).
- Certificate of Registration under Persons with Disabilities (PWD) Act-1995 or RPWD Act,2016.
- Certificate of Registration/ Incorporation under any relevant Act like Societies Registration Act.
- Proper proof of Registration on NGO-Darpan Portal of Niti Aayog.
Registration Fees is Rs. 2000/- for urban & Rs. 1000/- for rural area. The fee is to be deposited electronically while filling up 9th page in the online registration form.
The National Trust registration will be generally co-terminus with the registration under PwD Act-1995 or RPWD Act, 2016. During the period, the organization should also have the valid registration on NGO-Darpan Portal of Niti Aayog.
The NGOs who are registered with The National Trust and whenever their PWD Act registration expires, shall be given a grace period of 6 months to one year, for getting new registration under PWD Act.
Application for renewal of registration should be submitted to National Trust 6 months prior to expiry of the date of registration under National Trust Act.
– Selecting the Correct Category of the organization, while filling up the online registration form (for New Registration as well as for Renewal of Registration) –
While filling up the online registration form, the NGO should appropriately select one of the following three categories of registration with the National Trust –
‘Association of Persons with Disabilities’ – If more than 50% Governing Body Members / Board Trustees / Managing Committee Members of the NGO are Persons with National Trust related Disabilities;
‘Association of Parents of Persons with Disabilities’ – If more than 50% Governing Body Members / Board Trustees / Managing Committee Members of the NGO are Parents of Persons with Disabilities related to the National Trust;
‘Voluntary Organization’ – Remaining NGOs should select this category.