Dr J P Singh
Former Member Secretary
Rehabilitation Council of India
- 2009 – D.Lit. in Education “Human Consciousness & Stereo Typed Reaction Towards Disability” from Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia Avadh University, Faizabad, U.P.
- 2001 – Ph.D in Education “Vocationalization of Education of the Visually Handicapped : Role of Technology” ; Chaudhary Charan Singh University, Meerut (U.P)”
- 1987 – M. Tech. (Master of Technology), Harcourt Butler Institute of Mechanical Engineering. University of Kanpur (U.P).
- 1975 – BE (Bachelor of Engineering), Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal, Mysore University, Karnataka.
Career Development Courses:
1990 – Certificate “Export Marketing” Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, New Delhi.
1988 – Diploma: “Business Management” All India Management Association, New Delhi.
1987 – P.G. Diploma “Marketing & Sales Management”, Faculty of Management, Delhi University, Delhi.
Honours / Awards:
- JAGESHWARI SAMMAN – 2008, by his Excellency Shri A.R. Kidwai, Governor of Bihar instituted by J. M. Institute, Patna.
- “Deaf Reach” scrolls of honor, March 2001, by his Excellency Dr. C. Ranga Rajan, Hon’ble Governor of Andhra Pradesh.
- SPARDHASHRE AWARD 2004 by All India Unique Sports & Cultural Organization, Delhi.
- Rajiv Gandhi National Award in the field of Disability Rehabilitation 2008 by Smt. Meira Kumar, Hon’ble Minister of Social Justice & Empowerment, Delhi.
- Scholar Award 2008 by CBSM Institute of Educational Management & Services, New Delhi
- Principal Investigator –“ A Study of Curriculum Development for the Vocational Instructors for the Visually Impaired “ Science & Technology Project under Mission
Mode, Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Govt. of India.
- Principal Investigator – Conducted a countrywide study to find out the Impact of IEDC scheme under Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India.
National Programme for Prevention and Control of Deafness .This project was conducted successfully and has been launched countrywide by the Ministry of Health
& Family Welfare.
- Singh JP (2010), Changing Attitude a Paradigm Shift in Perception; Focus on Disability Studies; Delhi Psychiatry Journal 2010; 13 : (1) : (PP 101-108).
- Singh JP (2010), An Exploratory Study of the Impact of Public Policy in Shaping Attitudes Towards Disability, International Journal of Disability Studies, Vol. 4, Nos. 1&2, Jan. 2010 (PP 191-205).
- Singh JP (2008), Burnout effect or Desensitization in Rehabilitation Professionals working in Disability sector : A study on levels of consciousness among rehab. professional, staff and
Educational Developmental International, Vol. 12, Sept. & Dec. 2008,. (143-154).
- Singh JP (2007), Human Consciousness & Stereotyped Reaction to Disability. International Journal of Behavirol Sciences, Vol.22; (1-2). 11-22. (2007).
- Singh JP (2005),Status and expectations of trained human resources in the field of special education in India, Journal of Rehabilitation council of India; Rehabilitation council of India, New Delhi.
- Singh JP, Prasad S, Madhvi. (2005), A Study for Quality Improvement of B.Ed. (SE-DE) Programme, Journal of Rehabilitation Council of India; Rehabilitation Council of India, New Delhi
- Singh JP (2003), Disability and Primary Health Care Net Working, International Journal of Disability Studies, Vol. 1 Jul-dec2003, Society for Disability and Rehabilitation Studies, New Delhi.
- “Technology for the Blind Concept and Context” 2003, Kanishka Publishers, Distributors, New Delhi-110 002.
- “Quantum Leap” published by Rehabilitation Council of India the book is an effort to disseminate and share the experiences in conducting the Bridge Course Program highly useful for planners and policy makers. A decadal growth of RCI (2002) published by Rehabilitation Council of India, New Delhi.
- “Career Opportunities in the field of Disability, Rehabilitation & Special Education”. RCI publication- 2003.
- ‘Impact Study – 2001’ of PHC Medical Officers’ Orientation Programme Published by the Rehabilitation Council of India. Disability Development in India, (2005), Kanishka Publisher & Distributor, New Delhi. Accredited Institutions of Rehabilitation Council of India (2005), Kanishka Publisher & Distributor, New Delhi.
- Orientation of Medical officer in Primary Health Centre,(2006) published by Rehabilitation Council of India, New Delhi
- Summit Of Mind(2004), Kanishka Publisher & Distributor, New Delhi
- Human Resource Development in the area of Disability Rehabilitation (2006) Kanishka Publisher & Distributor, New Delhi